Schedule of Events for the Week, June 2-6, 2021 9:00 am daily, lunch Noon to 1:00 pm
COMPLETE DAIRY SCHEDULE AND FORMS: CLICK HERE
Youth Goat Camp June 2-4, 2021 9:00am-3:30pm daily lunch noon to 1:00pm Terry Burks. FULL for 2021 more
Boer Goat Course June 2-4 9:00am daily 4/18/2021 UPDATE: Due to health John & Jackie will not be able to attend this year and teach the course. Jackie notified the MBS this weekend. We pray for the health of Mrs. Edwards. Please keep them in your prayers. We will keep you updated as we contact and schedule new judges.
Free Speakers and Demonstrations June 2-4, 2021 9:00am daily, lunch noon to 1:00pm more printable schedule click here.
June 2 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Round Table Discussion with Dr. Frank Pinkerton 3:30 pm
June 2 9:00 am Welcome Speaker, American Goat Federation more
June 2 10:00am Nutrition Advantage Feeders-Alltech more
June 2 11:00am Nutrition AllTech Small Ruminant Nutrition more
June 2 1:00pm So, You Want To Do Meat Goats? more Handouts CLICK HERE
June 2 2:00pm Marketing, Social Media as Goat Sales Area/Venue more
June 3 9:00 am Meeting the Goat Meat Demand more
June 3 10:00am Scrapie Program more
June 3 11:00am Dairy, is it a Good Option? more
June 3 1:00 pm NAHMS Goat Study (pending) more
June 3 2:00 pm Proper Hoof Trimming Demonstration more
June 3 3:00 pm American Goat Federation, Secure Goat Supply Plan more
June 4 10:00 am Buck Collection ‘101’
June 4 11:00 am FAMACHA Certification course is free, $15.00 per FAMACHA card cash.
Added Value Learning to Sonogram the Loin June 2-3 10:00am Dr. Alison Crane, Kansas State University more
A.I. & Reproductive Clinic June 2, 2021 10:00 am Delinda Volskay, DVM more FULL
Scavenger Hunt Youth Event June 2, 2021 10:00 am more
Dinner June 3 5:00-7:00 pm Youth Goat Camp 2022 Fundraiser more
Dairy Goat on test must be penned, June 2, 2021 5:00 pm more
First Milk Test, June 2, 2021 7:00 pm more
2nd Milk Test, June 3, 2021 7:00am more
NAHMS Goat Study (pending approval) June 3 2021 10:00am Charlotte Clifford-Rathert, DVM more
Learn to Fit Like a Pro Clinic June 3 10:00am Brenda Larner more
Scrapie Program, June 3 USDA 11:00am Charlotte Clifford-Rathert, DVM more
Hoof Trimming Demonstration June 3 2:00pm Elise Gallet de St. Aurin more
Obstacle Course Youth Games June 3 4:00 PM more
3rd Milk Test, June 3, 2021 7:00pm more
Registered Dairy Goat Shows June 3-6 more
Milk Tests 7:00 am June 3
AGS Classifications, June 4, with Tim Flickinger more
FAMACHA Course and Test June 4 10:00 am – Noon $15.00 cash paid to Lincoln University, Dr. Salinas-Gonzalez more
Pasture Management Course, June 4 1:00 pm Dr. Salinas-Gonzalez more
Buck Collection with Interglobe Sire Service June 4, 1:00 pm more
American Goat Society National Show, June 4 & 5 more
Boer Goat Congress and all other Coloured Congresses, June 5 10:00 am Judges TBA (4/18/2021 UPDATE: Due to health John & Jackie will not be able to attend this year and teach the course. Jackie notified the MBS this weekend. We pray for the health of Mrs. Edwards. Please keep them in your prayers.)
Myotonic Introduction, June 5 2:00pm – Angie Rogers of Freedom Fainters 365 more
National Spanish Goat Association, June 5 3:00 pm Wes Autry more
Midwest Dairy Show 2 – Buck Show, June 5 4:00pm (time subject to change) more
Wine & Cheese Social, June 5 9:00 pm more
American Goat Society National Doe Show, June 6 8:00am more
Midwest Buck Sale, June 6 10:00am All stock entered in the sale sells. Buck, Doe, Doe & kid, or 3 Yearling Does as a group (3X’s the money).
Dairy Goats sell at 2:00 pm All stock entered in the sale sells. Buck, Doe, Doe & kid, or 3 Yearling Does as a group (3X’s the money). RULES FOR TESTING:
Dairy Goats Stock Sale Information: Dairy Goats will be inspected by Judge: Tim Flickenger. Judges decision is final.
Spanish Goat Stock Sale Information: CLICK CHERE
Boer Goat Stock Sale Information:
Those selling will be by invitation only by our board of directors in our club.
Registered Dairy Goat Stock only. Open to all Dairy Registries.
(Rules will be updated as advised by the committee for the Dairy portion of the sale).
- Sale entry fee: $15. 7% commission on final bid. 7% commission on PO.
- Goats that are one year and older are required to present results: Negative CAE and Johnes. CL testing and vaccination information. Additional testing should be provided for the catalog. Testing must be from 2021, beginning January 1.
- Goats under one year (must have milk teeth), are not required to have the mandatory tests, although parents must test negative for CAE and Johnes. Those results must be provided. Tests must have been done within the 2021 year, beginning on January 1.
- Additional testing information should be provided for the catalog.
- All stock will be inspected by a qualified dairy goat judge. Those exhibiting wry face, teat issues, or other disqualifying faults will not be able to sell. No refunds of sale entry fees. Be sure your stock is productive before entering.
- STOCK THAT MAY SELL: Buck, Doe, Doe with Kid on Side, Three Yearling Does grouped, (3X’s the money) it is one entry fee, the does sell as a group, bid is multiplied by 3, buyer has to take all three head.
- Please enter your consignor information in the form, CLICK HERE
- Please enter your consigned stock in the form, CLICK HERE
- Pay to enter the sale: CLICK HERE
For more information, please email email@example.com
No outside sales on the grounds. Private Treaty Sales are Forbidden June 2-6, at the swine pavilion.
ALL STOCK MUST BE PROPERLY IDENTIFIED. Get health papers from a veterinarian in the state where you reside, for any stock being brought onto the Missouri State Fairgrounds. STATE VETERINARIANS USDA.
CHECK WITH THE STATE VETERINARIAN IN MISSOURI TO BE SURE ALL CRITERIA IS MET FOR SELLING YOUR STOCK IN THE STATE. ANIMAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION: Animal Health Requirements for exhibition regulations. Contact the Missouri State Veterinarian’s office at (573) 751-3377 for clarification if need.
1. All animals must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection unless specifically exempted. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall state that the animals are free of visible signs of contagious, infectious, or communicable disease, and describe the animal(s) by species, breed, sex and age. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall reflect all data for required test and vaccinations, all dates,results, and the name of the laboratory.
2. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is valid for thirty (30) days.
3. Animals with active lesions of ringworm with resulting loss of hair or warts easily visible without close examination will not be permitted to exhibit and shall be subject to isolation or expulsion depending upon the nature and seriousness of the disease.
4. Sales scheduled in association with exhibitions must employ an ac-credited veterinarian to examine animals and process a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection for change of ownership.
5. The following are valid forms of official ID: 840 RFID/EID tags, 8 or9 character NUES tags, Scrapie tags, Brucellosis tags, or a tattoo if purebred and with proof of registration accompanying the animal.
6. Alteration or substitution of any information on any VS Form 10-11or any officially recognized federal/state EIA test chart or Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall cause the document to be invalid and in violation of sections 267.010 to 267.730, RS Mo, and may result in civil penalties not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000) per violation and subject to expulsion.
7. Any equine or other hoof stock (that includes goats) originating from a county in which there is a premises under quarantine for Vesicular Stomatitis shall obtain an entry permit and must include the statement on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection that “the (insert species) listed have not been exposed to Vesicular Stomatitis within the past fourteen (14)days, and do not originate from the premises quarantined for Vesicular Stomatitis.”
Testing Rules: Known diseased stock are not to be brought on to the grounds or to be sold in the auction.
Update on required testing for stock will be updated soon: 3/27/2021
4/6/2021 SCHEDULE WILL CONTINUE TO BE UPDATED AS SPEAKERS AND PRESENTERS CONFIRM.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOMS NOW. HERE
HOLD HARMLESS WHEN ENTERING THE MIDWEST BUCK SALE AND EVENTS
Each exhibitor, attendee, consignor, or vendor will be solely responsible for any consequential loss, injury or damage done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animal or article exhibited or for sale by him, and shall hold harmless Midwest Buck Sale, LLC, against any and all liability in regard thereto. Midwest Buck Sale, LLC will take reasonable care to insure the safety of exhibits and property, but the owner must take the risk of exhibiting. In no case will Midwest Buck Sale, LLC be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to property or persons while on the Missouri State fairgrounds, or at any other time or place, nor be liable or required to make any payment for damage, loss or injury. All that enter any event or sign up for anything related to the Midwest Buck Sale, agree: “I have read the contract and agree to abide by all Midwest Buck Sale rules and regulations as witnessed by entering the events June 2-6, 2021.“
Click Here to enter your bucks in Buck Alley
Midwest Buck Sale, LLC All Rights Reserved, 2018-2021