The goat industry is growing and the demand for quality production stock has grown exponentially. Many people purchase stock not really knowing what to buy or lack experience in animal husbandry when getting started. The industry needs one event where meat, dairy, and fiber goat producers may come together to discuss the ideas and needs of the industry.
This event is easily accessed from anywhere across the Nation. The Missouri State Fairgrounds is a historic facility that is in a central location for the United States.
At this time, the USA has a much larger demand for goat meat than is readily available for consumption. Goat meat is the most consumed meat in the world. The United States imports the largest portion of what is consumed by the population. If meat goat breeders have the opportunity to come together, once a year, to discuss events, ideas, and the needs of the industry, then a more consistent and productive product may be achieved.
- Strengthen and enhance the production and marketing of goats and goat products in the United States through the improvement of infrastructure, business, resource development and the development of innovative approaches to solve long term problems.
- Provide leadership training and education to industry stakeholders.
- Assist all segments of the industry in addressing sustainable production and marketing of goats and goat products.
- Promote marketing of goats and goat products through an organized method that can measure tangible results.
- Enhance the goat industry by coordinating information exchange and seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the industry community.
Event week is always the week following Memorial Day weekend.
Speakers and learning opportunities are through the week.
This event is for all breeds and segments of the goat industry. There is a host of vendors and professionals that will be there to help breeders on their way to success in raising dairy, fiber, and meat goats for the consumer market. Anything a goat produces is part of the consumer market. There is something for everyone in the goat industry during the week.
This is about building the goat community and bringing the production breeders together, to create a strong market for the goat industry as a whole. Pricing, selling, producing, getting stock to market, and health care are all strong topics to be discussed.
Anyone may participate and attend. All are welcome.
Midwest Buck Sale, LLC All Rights Reserved 2018-2023