Calling all goat breeders! Are you looking to put your exceptional breeding achievements on a grand stage? We have thrilling news for you! Presenting the Goat Expo’s prestigious and much-awaited annual sale event. Prepare to take the spotlight and showcase your top-notch production stock to fellow breeders in the industry.
Selling your prized livestock has never been smoother or more rewarding. This is your chance to flaunt your extraordinary breeding skills and gain well-deserved recognition. The auction will commence promptly on the first Saturday of June each year, providing you with an incredible opportunity to present your remarkable animals to a captivated audience.
With our expertly crafted advertising campaigns, rest assured your phenomenal animals will be in high demand, attracting eager bidders before you know it. Potential buyers will recognize the exceptional quality you’ve cultivated in your stock, ensuring that they’ll submit soaring bids in their pursuit of acquiring these remarkable animals.
As conscientious breeders, we understand that the well-being of your livestock is paramount. That’s why we encourage you to ensure your animals are in excellent health and possess the ability to produce exceptional offspring. Your dedication and care for your stock will undoubtedly shine through, further enhancing their value and desirability.
So, set your sights on this extraordinary auction, and watch your profits skyrocket. Join us at the Goat Expo sale event and seize the opportunity to elevate your breeding accomplishments to new heights. Trust us; this is an event you absolutely don’t want to miss!
One of the best things about Sedalia, Missouri, is that it is centrally located in the USA. Easily accessible in any direction. The beauty of the Ozarks is an added pleasure as we are in the center of Spring and headed into Summer. The temperatures are just right for our event each year, the first Saturday in June.
We expect to have a full house next year, we have new and exciting news for the auction.
Consignors are responsible to help advertise their stock in the sale, where, when, and the website links and social media sites. We advertise also, but each individual should advertise their goat stock, as a breeder. The larger the audience, the better the prices.
- Entry fee: $35. per lot.
- One entry may be: Buck, Doe, Doe w/kid, or 3 Yearling Does sold as a group (3X’s the money)
- Commission: 9%
- P.O. Fee: 9% (owner sets reserve)
- Breeders may begin to arrive Thursday, May 30, 4-7 pm and May 31, 4-7pm
- Goat stock must be in place: Friday May 31, 8 pm
- Please check in before unloading.
- All stock must have health papers.
- Please contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pen fees are added to your entry fee.
- One bag of shavings is included.
- Tack Pens are $10. per pen. Please add how many tack pens you’ll need, to the cart.
- Additional bags of shavings may be pre-ordered and paid for at time of pick-up. ($7.49per bag, subject to change)
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: APRIL 15, 2024 midnight.
- Catalog Deadline April 20, 2024 midnight.
- Deadlines will be strictly enforced.
- We will email all information, deadlines, fees and rules.
The Midwest Buck Sale is a platform for all production breeders to exhibit and present their best replacement production stock, to the public. Each breeder represents their farm and breed. This event is for those that have registered purebred goats and COMPOSITE STOCK. THIS IS THE BREEDERS SALE!
Please follow the guidelines for entry for each of the breeds. This is a production breeding stock event.
COMPOSITE STOCK SELLS. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PROMOTE WHAT YOU CREATE BY YOUR COMPOSITE BREEDING.
Inspect your stock prior to arrival. If you need assistance, call to have a Stock Selection Consultant help you.
Substitute stock, $10.00 fee will apply for catalog/website changes, per entry.
RULES: All stock entered must be healthy and productive. Each animal must be listed on a health certificate from the originating state, even in Missouri, since stock is being sold and may be transported out of state.
Sellers guarantee they are selling sound productive stock. Culls will not be sold.
All stock will be inspected prior to the sale. Culls include, bad mouths, cluster teats, malformed scrotum, big structural defects like wry tail, etc. Unproductive animals should not be entered or sold in this sale.
Disagreements on stock sold are between seller and buyer.
All sales are final. Buyer/bidders are responsible for the final bid when the hammer falls.
Shavings for bedding, no hay or straw.
Health papers from originating state. Please bring the original and a printed copy of the state health papers for our records.
No Alley/barn Sales. Breeders conducting alley sales will be asked to remove their stock immediately. No refunds.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
ALL GOATS MUST BE PROPERLY IDENTIFIED. Get health papers from a veterinarian in the state where you reside, for any stock being brought onto the Missouri State Fairgrounds. STATE VETERINARIANS.
CHECK WITH THE STATE VETERINARIAN IN MISSOURI TO BE SURE ALL CRITERIA IS MET FOR SELLING YOUR STOCK IN THE STATE. ANIMAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION: Animal Health Requirements for exhibition regulations. Contact the Missouri State Veterinarian’s office at (573) 751-3377 for clarification if need.
1. All animals must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection unless specifically exempted. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall state that the animals are free of visible signs of contagious, infectious, or communicable disease, and describe the animal(s) by species, breed, sex and age. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall reflect all data for required test and vaccinations, all dates,results, and the name of the laboratory.
2. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is valid for thirty (30) days.
3. Animals with active lesions of ringworm with resulting loss of hair or warts easily visible without close examination will not be permitted to exhibit and shall be subject to isolation or expulsion depending upon the nature and seriousness of the disease.
4. An accredited veterinarian will examine animals and process a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection for change of ownership.
5. The following are valid forms of official ID: 840 RFID/EID tags, 8 or9 character NUES tags, Scrapie tags, Brucellosis tags, or a tattoo if purebred and with proof of registration accompanying the animal.
6. Alteration or substitution of any information on any VS Form 10-11or any officially recognized federal/state EIA test chart or Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall cause the document to be invalid and in violation of sections 267.010 to 267.730, RS Mo, and may result in civil penalties not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000) per violation and subject to expulsion.
7. Any goats originating from a county in which there is a premises under quarantine for Vesicular Stomatitis shall obtain an entry permit and must include the statement on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection that “the goat” listed have not been exposed to Vesicular Stomatitis within the past fourteen (14)days, and do not originate from the premises quarantined for Vesicular Stomatitis.”
HOLD HARMLESS WHEN ENTERING THE MIDWEST BUCK SALE AND GOAT EXPO EVENTS.
Each exhibitor, attendee, consignor, or vendor will be solely responsible for any consequential loss, injury or damage done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animal or article exhibited or for sale by him, and shall hold harmless Midwest Buck Sale, LLC, against any and all liability in regard thereto. Midwest Buck Sale, LLC will take reasonable care to insure the safety of exhibits and property, but the owner must take the risk of exhibiting. In no case will Midwest Buck Sale, LLC be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to property or persons while on the Missouri State fairgrounds, or at any other time or place, nor be liable or required to make any payment for damage, loss or injury. All that enter any event or sign up for anything related to the Midwest Buck Sale, agree: “I have read the contract and agree to abide by all Midwest Buck Sale rules and regulations as witnessed by entering the events May 29-June 1, 2024.
Midwest Buck Sale, LLC 2018-2024