Rules found on this page, listed by category.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
General Rules and information for the Midwest Buck Sale.
Youth Goat Camps
Youth Dairy Goat Show
Midwest Buck Sale
NO OUTSIDE SALES, NO PRIVATE SALES, NO LIVE GOAT SALES ALLOWED OTHER THAN THOSE CONSIGNED, ON THE GROUNDS.
Please do not advertise your goats on the grounds for sale, during the week of May 30-June 3, 2023 unless your animal is consigned in the sale catalog.
GENERAL Rules and Regulations CLICK HERE
HOLD HARMLESS FOR THOSE ON THE GROUNDS DURING ALL GOAT EXPO AND MIDWEST BUCK SALE EVENTS
Each exhibitor, attendee, consignor, or vendor will be solely responsible for any consequential loss, injury or damage done to or occasioned by, or arising from any animal or article exhibited or for sale by him, and shall hold harmless Midwest Buck Sale, LLC, against any and all liability in regard thereto. Midwest Buck Sale, LLC will take reasonable care to insure the safety of exhibits and property, but the owner must take the risk of exhibiting. In no case will Midwest Buck Sale, LLC be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to property or persons while on the Missouri State fairgrounds, or at any other time or place, nor be liable or required to make any payment for damage, loss or injury. All that enter any event or sign up for anything related to the Midwest Buck Sale, agree: “I have read the contract and agree to abide by all Midwest Buck Sale rules and regulations as witnessed by entering the events May 31-June 3, 2023.“
Midwest Buck Sale, June 3, 2023 5:00 pm. One sale entry: Buck, Doe, Doe & kid, or 3 Yearling Does. All Breeds may consign.
Sale begins online: May 31
June 3, 5:00 pm begins live auction at the Missouri State Fairgrounds, under the swine pavilion. All sale stock must be in place June 2, 7:00 pm.
ALL STOCK MUST BE PROPERLY IDENTIFIED. Get health papers from a veterinarian in the state where you reside, for any stock being brought onto the Missouri State Fairgrounds. STATE VETERINARIANS USDA.
CHECK WITH THE STATE VETERINARIAN IN MISSOURI TO BE SURE ALL CRITERIA IS MET FOR SELLING YOUR STOCK IN THE STATE. ANIMAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION: Animal Health Requirements for exhibition regulations. Contact the Missouri State Veterinarian’s office at (573) 751-3377 for clarification if need.
1. All animals must have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection unless specifically exempted. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall state that the animals are free of visible signs of contagious, infectious, or communicable disease, and describe the animal(s) by species, breed, sex and age. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall reflect all data for required test and vaccinations, all dates,results, and the name of the laboratory.
2. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is valid for thirty (30) days.
3. Animals with active lesions of ringworm with resulting loss of hair or warts easily visible without close examination will not be permitted to exhibit and shall be subject to isolation or expulsion depending upon the nature and seriousness of the disease.
4. An accredited veterinarian will examine animals and process a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection for change of ownership.
5. The following are valid forms of official ID: 840 RFID/EID tags, 8 or9 character NUES tags, Scrapie tags, Brucellosis tags, or a tattoo if purebred and with proof of registration accompanying the animal.
6. Alteration or substitution of any information on any VS Form 10-11or any officially recognized federal/state EIA test chart or Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall cause the document to be invalid and in violation of sections 267.010 to 267.730, RS Mo, and may result in civil penalties not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000) per violation and subject to expulsion.
7. Any goats originating from a county in which there is a premises under quarantine for Vesicular Stomatitis shall obtain an entry permit and must include the statement on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection that “the (insert species) listed have not been exposed to Vesicular Stomatitis within the past fourteen (14)days, and do not originate from the premises quarantined for Vesicular Stomatitis.”
Midwest Buck Sale, All Rights Reserved, 2018-2023